Hi, friends! Many of us are working from home, homeschooling our kids, spending lots more time with family and pets and finding ourselves questioning our home’s interiors. Whether you are a full-time employee, entrepreneur or homemaker, you’re busy! The rooms in our homes we spend countless hours in can feel cramped, uninspiring and just plain draining. I want to help change this for you.
Design can seem unobtainable to some of us but I hope after reading some of my posts, you will find ways to reimagine your living spaces. This will, in turn, bring you clarity and peace (the psychologists say so👩⚕️).
Before we jump into the secrets to changing your life, here are five facts about me – so you know who the heck is talking to you.
And tell me about yourself! Especially if you can relate to Fact #2.
5. I have a passion for interior design and decorating. Surprise!
I have a number of memories as a child spending time at my friends’ homes and organizing their rooms. It always started with bedrooms… and cleaning. What was I, a genius? Anyway, I would clean and organize their rooms in a way that made sense for their process. This consisted of get ready to sleep, sleep, wake up, put on clothes for school, come home, put clothes in the laundry for mom to clean, sleep. Ahh, the good ole days.
Then the fun part. I would use items they had already to decorate. Knick-knacks, photos, figurines, nothing too sophisticated (we’re kids, remember?) and decorate their rooms to show their personality and put away the excess. Wow, I do sound like a prodigy.
It was fabulous! Not fun for them, but for me. And moms enjoyed it too.
So, yeah. I have a passion.
4. My name is Regan Chappell. That’s REE-gan CHAP-ull. Not like the president. Not related to Dave.
Mom actually found my name in a baby book. If you look up Regan, she was famous. Remember The Exorcist? … So, let’s move on!
3. I’m a newlywed💍! My husband Daniel and I were married March 28, 2020. He is a very talented wood worker and we are currently remodeling our first home together. Life is peachy!
2. I am also known as “The Pug Lady.” I. Love. Pugs. I met a couple of Pugs in Manhattan that were retired show dogs. They were professional Pugs! That was special. I have had Pugs since I was little baby Regan. Daniel and I have the most beautiful Pugs, and their names are Ruby and Rooster. You can find them on Instagram. They are the cutest, funniest and squishiest dogs on this planet; end of story.
1. And lastly, I am a visual artist. It’s difficult to define yourself and follow your heart, but I can say with confidence that I have always been an artist and always will be. I really enjoy a vast variety of artistic media – and I’m pretty good with a few! I am constantly creating, designing, decorating, beautifying objects, visuals… and people (shoutout to Sephora). Imagining a redesign, wall colors, lighting, a painting, or new tile in a room energizes me oh so much! We’ve basically circled back to #5. Art & Design = Life!
If your home is in need of some extra love and attention, do send me a message. I would love to help in any way I can. And if design isn’t in your budget right now, let me know what you would like to see in this blog to give you a hand.
Talk to you soon!